Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Summer in springtime

Well its been over a month and I haven't posted... yep, I'm great at this blogging thing! Honestly this last month plus has been a whirlwind between being out of town and work. It started with a trip to Florida to visit my inlays, which was rocked by a shooting in my high school. Honestly that was where my head was the whole time we were there, I literally had to have Ryan take my iPhone from me at one point because I was being so obsessive. I came back to work... work work work... now don't get me wrong, I love my coworkers, I love the company I work for, and most days I'm pretty happy with my job, but a girl can only take so much! I only work forty hours at the most. Not allowed to go into overtime, but between one trip to Florida and the next I was in overtime every week. On top of working forty plus hours, anyone who has worked in restaurants knows forty hours is harder than most other forty hours. You see, we don't open till 10:30 so my day starts when most others are half over, which means I'm there much much longer then everyone else... I don't exist well in that world... I needed a vacation, and I got one!!
The middle of March, almost two weeks ago, I got to go on an awesome road trip with my friends Cheryl and Andrew, join up with friends Chris and Leslie, and go on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale! Amazing! We had a blast. I'll be honest, the cruise was probably the worst one I'd been on. The staff, food, and entertainment was not nearly what I had experienced in the past, but did that stop us from having a blast? Not at all. I love these two couples and would do this trip over again in a heartbeat!
So now we're home and back to reality. Reality, I might add, is not so bad. Its been in the 70's and 80's every day, I have new outdoor projects going on (have I mentioned yet how I love to garden?) I planted my vegetable garden this morning, I am working on a living fence (post to come) and now I'm sitting on my patio listening to country music on my day off. I have to say, its a pretty good life....

No comments:

Post a Comment