Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yum...

Similar to my blog situation, I ignored pinterest for a long time. Though this was more because I didn't understand it. I had gone to the site and browsed before, but it just didn't seem like it had any worth... man was I wrong. For the past few weeks now I have been pinning recipes like mad. I also have actually been making those recipes, and wow the things I've discovered! I love baking, always have. Its a dream of mine to one day open an old fashioned soda shoppe with candy, baked goods, and perhaps some casual food (kinda like Presti's in Little Italy, but cuter). However, I often am grasping for inspiration. Sometimes seasons or special occasions will spur on my desire to make something new, but usually its simply finding a great new recipe. Thank you pinterest for trying to destroy my attempts at losing ten pounds before our cruise in March.... so far I'm winning the battle, but these recipes...
A few weeks ago I made a decadent Lemon Blueberry cake for small group, tomorrow I'm making my first attempt at a crock pot dessert, but today... oh today... dinner was a wonderful chicken and dumplings and caramelized carrots. The chicken and dumplings were a super easy crock pot recipe, very yummy.
The real kicker, however was the bread... the pain in my side, super sticky, oh so worth it bread.... When I first pinned this bread it was for Ryan (the hubby). He loves cinnamon bread, and this one was one of the better recipes I had seen in a while. Pumpkin cinnamon pull apart bread... delicious. Now my first attempt was not nearly as pretty as the blog I got the recipe from ( Sunny Side Up in San Diego: Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread) but I'm willing to bet it tasted better than her loaf did, if only because I ran for an hour before eating it.... Yum...
Now I just need to figure out how to miniaturize it for my Old Fashioned Soda Shoppe...





2 comments: