Sunday, February 19, 2012

And it begins...


Thats right ladies and gentlemen, or in this case empty mass of internet... I am joining the blog world... When I first stumbled upon blogs, after living in some world without internet for awhile, I decided that they were fun to read, entertaining, but certainly not for me. Who would want to read about my lame, boring, simple life? No one! After all, I'm not interesting, witty, anything that you must be to be a great blogger... And so I would return to my list of blogs to read and think vaguely of the things I would say if it were my blog. Then I woke up. I realized most of the blogs I read were from lame, boring, simple life people... and I loved them! So here I am... for the past few weeks I have fought the urge to blog, but slowly but surely, the glorious world of social connection has broken me down, and I decided to give it a shot....
So... my introduction to me and my blog. I am a twenty something, married, no kids, animal loving, travel bug, who loves to bake, garden, and fix up our 'first old house'. I love writing, and will probably be long winded... I apologize... I also will be boring at times, helpful on occasion, and hopefully, at least once, you will find this chunk of internet entertaining...
What's in a name... My current blog name, and I say current because I'm sure this whole page will change with experience, is me in a nutshell. Gypsy spirit - my travel lust... I hate staying in one place. I want to explore, see the world, experience new cultures! Luckily my husband gets to travel quite a bit for work, and I try to tag along whenever possible... Pioneer stock - My mom always said that Whitley women (her maiden name) are made from tougher stuff than most. We're pioneer stock, our ancestors traveled this country and touched its outer limits before the land was tamed. We have held onto that bloodline. We're spunky, stubborn as they come, strong, like to get things done, and yes, love to expand the horizon and see what's beyond that mountain. Of course this is all while wearing a dress and being as feminine as possible... What will I blog about? Generally, my life, specifically, things that I bake, places I travel, and the crazy world of weird people and interactions I live in. Welcome to my adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog. I also enjoy traveling even on short trips if you ever need a travel buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog name and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete